Are you a real estate professional in need of errors and omissions insurance?
E&O Insurance for real estate agents is an essential part of your insurance portfolio. You know how easily an oversight could occur even when you have practiced your trade with the utmost honesty and integrity.
For example, a buyer may bring up a conversation where he thought you said the basement could not leak because it was water-proofed. However, that is not the case when he finds pools of water in his basement and sues you for misrepresentation.
Other examples include:
- A real estate broker was sued by a potential purchaser when the transaction fell apart at close because of difficulty with the purchaser obtaining financing. The prospective buyer lost his deposit. The suit alleged that the broker misrepresented the availability of deposit funds before the money went into escrow.
- After a real estate agent helped a client purchase a home, the purchasers discovered structural defects in the property. Being unable to locate the sellers, the purchasers claimed the agent breached her duty to conduct a reasonably competent visual inspection, failed to disclose the deficiencies and was negligent in performing her duties as a realtor.
A real estate E&O policy pays out to defend agents and brokers against claims like this. Specialized lawyers, defense teams or anything else necessary to defend you will be paid for by the insurance company up to the amount of the policy limit.
In addition other coverage enhancements may be available such as:
- Lock box property damage liability and defense
- Defense of failure to disclose hazardous materials
- Coverage for the sale of real property acquired through a guaranteed sale listing contract
- Defense of Fair Housing complaints
Policy limits are generally from $100,000 to $1 million and premiums may be as low as $600 per year.
California's Real Estate E&O Experts: WHINS Insurance Agency
Members of the National Society of Agents for Consumer Education (NSACE), the Independent Agents & Brokers of America, Inc. (IIABA) and Trusted Choice®, WHINS Insurance Agency is intimately familiar with California's real estate industry. With over 30 top-flight insurance companies to work with we'll find you the E&O coverage that best suits your particular situation.
Contact us for a no obligation discussion about your professional liability and errors and omission protection options. Call 877-77-WHINS today so you can practice your craft with peace of mind.