Educating Should Not Result in Sleepless Nights
Studies suggest that 53% of educators report a concern about lawsuit possibilities from parents or students.
If you are operating an in-home tutoring business or are a private contractor or owner of a tutoring franchise that tutors in-home or other places, you assume a considerable risk just by doing your job. In this litigious society, a lawsuit (legit or not) could occur any time. And it could really hurt you.
For example, if you operate as a sole proprietor any personal assets such as your home or bank account could be at risk to satisfy a judgment brought about by an unhappy student or parent.
Other scenarios could occur:
- The Los Angeles Unified School District contracts with a tutoring company to tutor children with company tutors at the schools. One of the students being tutored complains to the principal that the tutor pushed him. The parent sues the tutoring company for corporal punishment.
- A tutor who works alone with children risks being accused of sexual molestation or abuse. This is an uncomfortable reality you want to protect yourself against.
- A tutor brings a child to their home office for lessons and the child falls and is injured.
Anyone who is tutoring children needs to be protected from these and other situations that can permanently damage your reputation and financial assets. The right business insurance program will protect you from incidents like these.
Coverages generally available for tutoring businesses include:
- General liability
- Sexual abuse and molestation
- Corporal punishment
- Teachers E&O
- Hired and non-owned auto
- Blanket additional insured endorsement
- Employer practices liability
- Educators professional liability
- Surety bonds
- Cyber liability
Your Encino Insurance Expert - the WHINS Insurance Agency
While tutoring business owners may understand the need for insurance they may not be aware of all of risks and exposures that exist. That’s what the insurance professionals at WHINS Insurance Agency do for a living. Help assess risk and exposures. When that is complete, then we access one our 30+ markets to find precisely the right program for your business.
Plus, as a member of both the Encino Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau, we fully understand the area and its residents.
Contact us for a no-obligation discussion about the insurance you need for your in-home or off-site tutoring operation. When you’re helping to educate individuals, the last thing you need to be worried about is not being protected from the potential risks of the business.